- 2 ounces pepper-infused vodka, such as Absolut Peppar
- 1/4 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 ounce tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice, plus 1/4 teaspoon for rimming the glass
- Pinch of kosher salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon for glass rim
- Pinch of smoked Spanish paprika, plus 1/4 teaspoon more for glass rim
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar, for glass rim
- Lime twist, for garnish
Fill a glass with ice and add the vodka, vermouth, tomato juice, lime juice, salt and smoked paprika. Stir vigorously until the outside of the glass is beaded with sweat and frosty.
On a small plate, combine the 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and the sugar. Wet the rim of a chilled martini glass with the 1/4 teaspoon lime juice and dip the rim in the salt mixture. Tap off any excess.
Strain the drink into the martini glass and garnish with the lime twist.